The Barcelona Pavilion, the masterpiece with which Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Lilly Reich staged their revolutionary ideas in 1929, changed the History of architecture forever. It only existed for eight months but paradoxically its image was always alive in the minds of generations of architects around the world, becoming one of their greatest influences. The Pavilion is still surrounded by myths and questions that this documentary addresses. It frames the building in a portrait in two acts of the Barcelona that made possible its construction in 1929 and its reconstruction in 1986. We immerse ourselves in a reflection on the transformative capacity of art, the emotional perception of space and the concept of masterpiece.
Mies on Scene: Barcelona in two acts is at the official selection of the following festivals:
– Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam 2018 – Netherlands
– Beirut Art Film Festival 2018 – Lebanon
– Santa Cruz International Film Festival 2018 – Argentina
– Around International Film Festival 2018 – Spain
– Sydney Architecture Festival 2018 – Australia
+info at miesonscene.com